Write for Arcane City
Submissions are closed through the end of 2021.
We hope to hear from you in 2022!
We are currently accepting submissions for urban fantasy and other "alternate world" series of at least three books in length. We are also willing to consider previously self-published work. You must have a completed manuscript prior to submission.
Manuscripts should ideally fall within the 40,000 to 70,000 word range, but other lengths will also be considered. We will consider both agented and non-agented submissions.
Please send a one-page query letter and sample chapter to email@example.com if you are interested in writing for our press. We generally respond to all queries within 7 days. Thank you!
A QUICK VIEW OF OUR TERMS FOR AUTHORS
- 2 Contract Styles Available.
- Style #1: 50% Author Royalty. Author Secures Own Editing. Publisher Granted eBook & Print Rights. Author Retains Audio & Translation Rights.
- Style #2: 35% Author Royalty. Audio Produced at Specified Sales Milestone. Publisher Secures Editing. Publisher Granted eBook, Audio, & Print Rights. Author Retains Translation Rights
- Authors will not be charged for production or advertising services, nor will royalties be held against them before they start earning.
- 5-Year Publishing Contract: At the end of the term, author will have the choice to renew the contract or to receive full rights reversion.
- eBook Distribution and Pricing is at the Discretion of the Publisher.
- ARCs Provided to the Arcane City ARC Team for Review
- Inclusion in Arcane City Reader Newsletter
- Facebook Ads Run and Paid for by Publisher
- Regular Group Promotions & Other Publisher-Backed Marketing Initiatives
- Bookbub, FreeBooksy & Other Promo Site Submission and Payment by Publisher
- Special Discounts Available for Novel Publicity